I am in Orlando right now. I’m attending the International Maxwell Certification conference with nearly 3,500 others from around the world. It has been a great day and a half so far.
Last night, John Maxwell spoke to us about the Maxwell “DNA”. Here are some of his thoughts:
- We should be people of value who value people.
- Do we connect with people or do we correct people?
- Be safe with others: value them, believe in them, unconditionally love them
- adding value to people gives you influence
- when you stop loving people, stop leading them – you’ve lost influence
- everything worthwhile is uphill and the only way to go uphill is with intention
- don’t have uphill hopes with downhill habits
- if you put in no effort, you’ll never get anywhere
- you don’t receive anything good unless you’re intentional
Think about this: did any of the Olympic gold medal winners just by chance win? No! They have intentionally, consistently, daily worked hard (uphill) to get to the place where they could win gold.
To be intentional, you need to be:
We all know that consistency does not get recognized or rewarded in the beginning. If you trying to lose weight, few will notice when you lose the first couple of pounds. That’s true!
Start small, but dream BIG!
Key: be the author of your life, not the reader of your life. And don’t let anyone else to write your story. Be intentional!