I just had a weekend of ups and downs. Life. Typical life.
- My daughter’s dance trio earned a spot to compete at the State Championship. I drove over 5 hours round trip to watch her 3 minute dance, and it was worth it.
- My son’s robotics team missed going to State by just 4 points. It was their best effort yet. Go RoboHawks!
- My wife was (is) ill. Maybe moving towards bronchitis. I feel for her. I hope she doesn’t infect me.
- Our WiFi router has needed to be reset multiple times a day. I called in for tech support and lost 3 hours of my life with no resolution. I even purchased a new router that would not work. Maybe the Amish are on to something…
- I cleaned the garage and both of our vehicles. I hope they will remain clean for a least a week. I’m not holding my breath.
Yes, all that is life. I’m not complaining. It is what it is.
But this morning, I needed a mental refocusing. And I found it. I was on the app, Stitcher, this morning and began listening to Success Talks. It was an interview with Mel Robbins. She was talking about her “5 Second Rule” – no, not that kind of rule. I won’t tell you what is it about.
Listen to it yourself here: http://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=49149903&refid=asa