If you are looking for an inspiring book to read, I recommend Andy Andrew’s book, The Traveler’s Gift. It is full of meaningful insights, and it will make you think.
What hurdles or obstacles are you facing right now as a leader?
- Your team is not meeting its goals?
- Your team is slow to change?
- A team member needs more counseling than coaching?
- You face a difficult project and the deadlines are looming near?
- The culture around you is lack-luster and you wonder if you can influence it?
Below are some of my highlights from a chapter in The Traveler’s Gift. I trust this inspires and motivates you if that is what you need today.
I will Persist without Exception
- A person who is depressed is spending too much time thinking about the way things are now and not enough time thinking about how he wants things to be.
- The tragedy of life is not that man loses, but that he almost wins.
- Those who quit lacked faith.
- I know the outcome I desire. I hold fast to my dreams.
- I do not quit.
- I will persist without exception.
- It is only important that I continue the process with my eyes on the outcome.