I’m here at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood, Colorado to present st this year’s NACCAP national conference. I’ve already met leaders from Wisconsin, Texas, Kentucky, and Massachusetts. Looking forward to this experience.
Tomorrow morning, I fly to Denver where I’ll be giving two presentations at the annual NACCAP (www.naccap.org) conference. I will be speaking on:
- “Right On” – working towards your “next level” opportunity while broadening your influence.
- Adding Value – discovering why this is so important and finding practical ways to do it.
I look forward to sharing, learning, and meeting the professionals at NACCAP in Denver!
Leaders seek to add value at every opportunity. Some tend to think of this as primarily offering advice or come up with a solution. I want to encourage you to look to add value by doing this:
Demonstrate Kindness & Consideration
We life in a harsh world. Sometimes that harshness creeps into our team members’/coworkers’ lives when least expected. Add value to them during these times by showing some kindness.
How do you do that?
- Listen – not as a counselor, but as someone who cares.
- Encourage – write a short note to say “thank you” to someone you noticed has been working hard and getting results
- Praise – don’t underestimate your spoken praise for a team member. This simple action can carry them for many days (weeks?)
- Share – share a resource that might be of help to someone you know is struggling (I had the privilege of doing just this today!).
What else could you do to add value to someone who truly needs it? Be creative. Share addition ideas in the comments below.
I just received and will start reading soon the book, Dance Until It Rains (multiple authors; Prologue by Vic Johnson). Bob Proctor wrote the Forword where he shares the influence of Earl Nightingale in his life. Nightingale once said: “whether you have a little or a lot of formal education…
Click here to order the book: https://www.amazon.com/Dance-Until-Rains-Vic-Johnson/dp/0974571725
Best rates end tomorrow, May 23. Use code: 17FrndER-3659 at the following site to find a GLS site and reserve your spot for this year’s event!