Tomorrow morning, I fly to Denver where I’ll be giving two presentations at the annual NACCAP (www.naccap.org) conference. I will be speaking on:
- “Right On” – working towards your “next level” opportunity while broadening your influence.
- Adding Value – discovering why this is so important and finding practical ways to do it.
I look forward to sharing, learning, and meeting the professionals at NACCAP in Denver!
Leaders seek to add value at every opportunity. Some tend to think of this as primarily offering advice or come up with a solution. I want to encourage you to look to add value by doing this:
Demonstrate Kindness & Consideration
We life in a harsh world. Sometimes that harshness creeps into our team members’/coworkers’ lives when least expected. Add value to them during these times by showing some kindness.
How do you do that?
- Listen – not as a counselor, but as someone who cares.
- Encourage – write a short note to say “thank you” to someone you noticed has been working hard and getting results
- Praise – don’t underestimate your spoken praise for a team member. This simple action can carry them for many days (weeks?)
- Share – share a resource that might be of help to someone you know is struggling (I had the privilege of doing just this today!).
What else could you do to add value to someone who truly needs it? Be creative. Share addition ideas in the comments below.